This book is a work in progress and you should treat it as a beta for now. For the chapters published, I may well revisit the drawings and the explanations. I will record the key changes made between development editions here.
Once we’ve published a more complete edition, the errata will appear here, although by the power of Lean Publishing it will be easy to issue new digital versions.
To-Do and in progress for version 1.7
- The ChangeLog has moved to this page.
- б, в, ь, ы, ъ will definitely be revisited, as will some of the words
- Sensible pagination and page splits if required
- Consistency of red arrows.
- The entire book will be reviewed once the draft is completed
- The first chapters need to be revised to incorporate some new ideas
- The end is in sight!
- спасибо has been redone but may be revisited.
- А – the guidelines have been removed, мама has been replaced but may well be replaced again.
- A – the red arrows have been tidied up somewhat
- щ has been made more consistent with ш
- The Glagolitic Alphabet has been traced and redone
- Draft of chapter 7
- The heading image of chapter 6 was updated
1.4 12-Apr-2020 (65%)
- A draft of Chapter 6 has been added
- A few nits corrected
- This version was not published, because now is the time to do fixes
1.3 23-Mar-2020 (50%)
- The У has been fixed throughout as strictly my capital У was incorrect
- An example for щ was added
- Chapter 3 has been drafted
- Some typos fixed
1.2 17-Mar-2020 (35%)
- New Proactive templates and pens used in the background
- Chapter 4 on Т, Ж, Ш and Щ has been added
- Some small typos corrected
1.1 10-Jan-2020 (29%)
- Chapter 5 on б, в, ь, ы, ъ has been added
- A correction on the origin of ы. According to Wikipedia it is actually derived from ъi
- A note in chapter 1 about the lower case nature of ь, ъ and ы has been added.
1.0.1 3-Dec-2019 (20%)
- Some very minor formatting changes in the front matter.
1.0 1-Dec-2019 (20%)
- The first edition was published with the introduction, chapter 1 on the Alphabet, chapter 2 on М, А, Е, Ё, О, К, З along with chapter 8 on Belarusian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and pre-revolution alphabets.