Lambic update

28464260700_39f8da8939_zIt would seem that I am getting somewhere with brewing Lambics. I mentioned in a previous post that I had a failed attempt at Cherry Lambic and also that I’d started a Raspberry Lambic. Tonight, I primed and racked the Raspberry Lambic into its final resting place.

This time I sacrificed a plastic barrel. Last time, I got very frustrated racking into beer bottles. This time I’ve used a barrel. Unfortunately this means I will not be able to use the barrel for anything other than Lambic because the Lambic cultures can continue to live in plastic.

The young beer tasted pleasant but young – it needs to condition and it will do this in my garage after a week of priming in the warmth.


One thought on “Lambic update

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.