- The Digital Economy & GDPR - with Stephen Cameron, in LightReading. We examine the new EU regulation on Data Protection (March 2017)
PhD, MSci theses
In 2000, I completed a PhD in Finitary Group Theory under the supervision of Prof B.A.F. Wehrfritz. My examiners were Dr Peter M Neumann, O.B.E. and Prof Paul Flavell. Here is my thesis and some other related documents:
- Supersolubility and Finitary Groups, PhD thesis. PDF, Kindle friendly PDF.
- Supersolubility and some characterizations of finite supersoluble groups, MSci project. PDF, Kindle friendly PDF.
- Finitary Permutation Groups, QMUL Maths Combinatorics Study Group notes,
preprint. PDF, Kindle friendly PDF
I turned my PhD thesis into four papers:
- Irreducible and Transitive Locally-Nilpotent by Abelian Finitary Groups, Arch. Math. 74 (2000) 168-172.
- Lawlessness and Rank Restrictions in Certain Finitary Groups, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 130 (2002) 2815-2819.
- Generalized Engel elements in Group Theory, J. Group Theory 6 No. 1 (2003) 69-81.
- Local systems of Locally Supersoluble Finitary Groups, Glasgow Math. J. 45 (2003) 239-242.